Saturday, October 10, 2015

Final entry in round 1 of the World Scrap Battle and Tournament - Mixed Media

Hi there!

This last entry in round 1 is a small ring binder from BoBunny of which i have altered the front cover. But before i start i just want to warn you that this is a picture heavy post :-) 

I liked the look of the spine, so i left it the way it was. I started gluing on the mesh tape and used modelling paste from Prima with stencils from Prima and The Crafters Workshop. Next i adhered the chipboard pieces. The leaf chippie is from Joanna Sheen and the big one on the left, is Blue Fern Studio.


Next i adhered all the metal pieces. The dragonflie in the right upper corner, the cogwheels in the middle of the page and the clockpiece with the bee on top. and some other small pieces.


Next i gessoed the whole thing with white gesso. 




I then sprayed the cover with sprays from Lindy`s Stamp Gang and from Shimmerz Paints. I also used some H2O for the red spots. To make the stenciled patterns pop a bit more i used my finger to lightly rub some gesso on top of some pieces.


I just love the shimmery look of this. Sadly the pics doesn`t do it justice. 



To finish it off i added some small bling crystals, here and there, and paper letters to complete the words. I couldn`t find small letters in the right size though, so i had to use my Dymo and make some myself.

Well that`s it. Round 2 is allready in progress and next sunday i will be ready with more creations from the World Scrap Battle and Tournament.

Have a great weekend everyone!





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails