Saturday, January 23, 2016

Mixed media tags

Hello everyone!

Just popping in to show you a couple of tags i created before Christmas. I suddenly remembered i had forgotten to post them, lol. Senile is a bitch, hahaha.


I used the same technique for both tags. Started off with a stencile and some texture paste. On the purple one i used a cogs stencile.  


I embellished it with a honeycomb from Blue Fern Studios and a wood veneer piece. Not sure what company it is as i got it in a candy long ago. But i think it might be Kaisercraft. Please correct me if i`m wrong. I also used metal pieces randomly placed here and there. Finally i gessoed the whole thing and then spritzed it with colours from Lindy`s Stamp Gang. For finishing touch-ups i put on some bling, some micro beads and a cute ribbon.


For this next tag i started off like the one above, with stencile and texture paste. I then spritzed with my own homemade shimmering sprays. I used distress inks blended with perfect pearls and water. I`m just sorry i didn`t manage to catch the shimmer on camera but i can assure you it looks fabulous. Absolute love the bright yellow colour.


I embellished with some chipboard pieces covered with embossing powder from Lindy`s Stamp Gang. Love the two-toned colour. It`s dark brown with gold shimmer, but it allmost look black. As i didn`t want to cover up too much of the awesome background i just stringed around some jute and a metal flower. To finish it off i put on some bling, text and ribbon. 


I hope you all are having a great wekend. I`m just winding down as this week has been truly exhausting. Just watching some movies with my hubby and just do absolutely nothing. Can it get any better? 

Thanks for visiting me today.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails